We’ve all had one.
That persistent cough that feels like it’s never ending. It wakes you up at night. Leaves you gasping for air. And often times, can be very painful.
Coughs can be caused by irritation in your throat due to allergens, or a buildup of mucous in your bronchial tubes and can lead to bronchitis, chronic cough, and dry heaving in the lungs.
Treatments for coughs run the gamut, ranging from OTC medicines to at home remedies such as all-natural recipes, steam showers, and hot drinks.
We recommend that you steer clear of medicines when you can, as they’re often accompanied by undesirable side effects such a drowsiness and irritability. That said, here’s one of our favorite all-natural remedies that’ll help alleviate your cough and mucous almost immediately! If you’ve never heard of a honey wrap, you’re in for a treat. Here’s what you need to get started….
- Raw organic honey
- Coconut oil
- Adhesive medical tape
- Mix 1 teaspoon of flour with an ample amount of honey.
- Add warmed coconut oil.
- Apply mixture to a napkin
- Place napkin in the center of your chest with medical tape.
- This all-natural compress can be applied to an adult overnight, or to a child for only 2-3 hours.
- You should notice some results after the first treatment, but as with all natural treatments time is your friend, and it’s perfectly safe to do multiple treatments over a week.
If you’re battling a pesky cough and are looking to steer clear of OTC medicines, give this a try! This all-natural treatment is safe, cost effective, and works wonders.
If you found this article helpful, please share with your friends and family by clicking the button below!