When life gives you lemons….freeze them?
Lemons are one of the earth’s healthiest fruits, acting as a powerful antioxidant and providing a plethora of vitamins. Unfortunately, they lose many of their medicinal benefits when juiced.
Now, we’ve outlined a way to get every last drop of nutrition from this superfood. Freeze them! Each component of the lemon comes with its own set of health benefits, for example, the peel strengthens the immune system, helps regulate cholesterol, preventing cancer, treating bacterial infections, and destroying parasites and worms. The lemon juice is extremely high in vitamin C, while its rind is effective in eliminating toxins from the body. Studies have shown that the lemon peel actually contains 5 to 10 times more vitamins.
Additional health benefits associated with lemons include:
- Fighting inflammation
- Prevention of asthma
- Boosting the immune system
- Detoxification of the kidneys and the liver
- Fighting cancer
- Regulation of high blood pressure
- Elimination of harmful bacteria
- Treating depression and stress
Scientists have found that this amazing fruit also helps to eradicate malignant cells in several types of cancers, including lung, breast, and colon cancer. Furthermore, unlike chemotherapy, lemons target only the cancerous cells, leaving the healthy ones unscathed.
According to nutritionist and women’s health expert, Dr. Marilyn Glenville, the peels from various fruits can boost the immune system and support overall health. She says that smoothies are far healthier than juices, as they also contain other parts of the fruit, including the peel.
However, due to the bitter taste of lemon smoothies, we suggest freezing them to consume. Here’s how:
- Use apple cider vinegar to wash and disinfect the lemons.
- Rinse lemons and leave them to dry.
- Put them in freezer overnight, until the next morning.
- Grate the entire fruit, including peel, pulp, and seeds.
- Add the lemon shavings to whatever food / drink you see fit, including smoothies, tea, baked goods, desserts, and soups.
Enjoy! If you enjoyed this article, share the amazing health benefits of lemons with your friends and family by clicking the button below!