A pensioner has finally had a 26lb (11.8kg) an ovarian tumor removed.
Lila Bai, 70, put off surgery on a grape-sized cyst for two years as she could not afford the procedure.
The growth continued to enlarge to 40 x 35cm before Mrs. Bai, who looked pregnant, was admitted to hospital in excruciating pain.
Surgeons at Indubhai Parekh Memorial Hospital in India said if she had left it any longer, the huge tumor may have burst.
Mrs. Bai is recovering well and is due to be discharged in three days.
Left any longer, the tumor may have burst
Dr. Indu Singh said: ‘Even if it would have been a little delay in surgery, it might be burst inside the body.
‘It has been sent to the pathological lab for testing.’
Although unclear if a tumor is cancerous, surgeon Dr. Jitender Singh added: ‘If remnants are found in the body it may be treated with chemotherapy.’
It is unclear what caused Mrs. Bai’s growth.
Five a stone tumor removed in life-saving operation
This comes after a woman from Costa Rica had a giant tumor weighing more than five stone removed from her ovaries in a life-saving operation earlier this month.
Sonia Lopez, 57, put off the procedure for eight years due to ‘personal reasons’ but was eventually forced to go under the knife when the growth took up 80 percent of her abdomen and was crushing her intestines, liver, and diaphragm.
Mrs. Lopez, who has dropped six stone since having the tumor removed, was warned nearly a decade ago the growth could cause her to have a heart attack due to the pressure it was putting on the organ.
After suffering breathing problems, she had the operation at Hospital Mexico near San Jose on Monday, which involved five surgeons removing the 5.35 stone, five-and-half feet round growth.
Mrs. Lopez, whose surgeon believes she broke a world record, is recovering well and awaiting results to determine if the growth is cancerous.
If you know someone who might like this, please click “Share!”